Midwest Renewable Energy Association
Gathering of resources for the betterment of not only Midwest area that includes; courses, trainings and an energy fair, among other resources.
1. Energy is a physical quantity that follows precise natural laws.
2. Physical processes on Earth are the result of energy flow through the Earth system.
5. Energy decisions are influenced by economic, political, environmental, and social factors.
6. The amount of energy used by human society depends on many factors.
7. The quality of life of individuals and societies is affected by energy choices.
4. Various sources of energy are used to power human activities.
Associated Grade Levels:
6.8 Amount of energy used can be calculated and monitored.
4.5 Humans generate electricity in multiple ways.
7.6 Some populations are more vulnerable to impacts of energy choices than others.
5.1 Decisions concerning the use of energy resources are made at many levels.
2.2 Sunlight, gravitational potential, decay of radioactive isotopes, and rotation of the Earth
5.4 Energy decisions are influenced by economic factors.
1.4 Energy available to do useful work decreases as it is transferred from system to system.
7.3 Environmental quality is impacted by energy choices.
5.7 Energy decisions are influenced by social factors.
6.6 Behavior and design affect the amount of energy used by human society.
4.6 Humans intentionally store energy for later use in a number of different ways.
5.2 Energy infrastructure has inertia.
4.7 Different sources of energy and different ways energy is transformed, transported, and stored.
5.3 Energy decisions can be made using a systems-based approach.
4.4 Humans transport energy from place to place.
5.6 Energy decisions are influenced by environmental factors.